6581 + 8580

Jaicen

I'm ready to order the components for my MBSID when I get paid next week, so it's time to make up my mind on exactly what configuration I need.

I've pretty much decided that I want a dual SID setup, with an 8580 and 6581 (or a 6582 if anyone has a spare ;) ).

The thing is, i'm not sure that I really need a dual SID setup, or wether I should just go with one for now. For those with this combination, how often do you use them both? Does anyone have any samples I can hear??

I've gotta get this thing built by the end of the month so I can start gigging it, so any advice I can get would be great!

Well that can be pretty easily demonstrated by checking out my Myspace pages

www.myspace.com\lemonteargas - I've been drafted in by these guys to do some keyboards on their new songs, which are a bit more electronic.

www.myspace.com\teammeatmusic - This is my band homepage. At the minute it only has demos on, but it gives an idea of the type of music I make.

• 2 weeks later...

Many people say there are definite +'s and -'s with both SID versions. just search around the forum and the internet and you will find many explanations on this topic.

I am building a Quad-SID box using both 6581(2) and 8580(2). I'm not quite finished yet though. I will try to give you my thoughts on using both as soon as I finish it...

-tel3