How to use led maps?

Cyril

My midibox is build and everything is ok except that the wrong leds are lighting when I push buttons...

In an old topic Thorsten wrote that the new midibox 64 firmware enable led mapping but I can't understand how to achieve it. Can I access led maps with the midibox menus or do I need to send sysex or to use Serge's editor?

Btw how can I configure leds to stay lit when I push a button (because now they stay lit only when I hold the button pushed...)

Thanks in advance!

My midibox is build and everything is ok except that the wrong leds are lighting when I push buttons...

In an old topic Thorsten wrote that the new midibox 64 firmware enable led mapping but I can't understand how to achieve it. Can I access led maps with the midibox menus or do I need to send sysex or to use Serge's editor?

Btw how can I configure leds to stay lit when I push a button (because now they stay lit only when I hold the button pushed...)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Cyril,

yes, LED maps can only be modified with the mk_syx script or Serge's Editor.

See also: http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=concepts;action=display;num=1044220843;start=4#4

how can I configure leds to stay lit when I push a button (because now they stay lit only when I hold the button pushed...)

you have to activate the "toggle" function for every button seperately. This can be done in the MIDI learn menu. Go into the menu, press the snapshot button to select the mode, thereafter send the MIDI event to the box and press the button which should learn this MIDI event. Alternatively you can also change the button behaviour with mk_syx or the Editor...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Cyril,

yes, LED maps can only be modified with the mk_syx script or Serge's Editor.

See also: http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=concepts;action=display;num=1044220843;start=4#4

how can I configure leds to stay lit when I push a button (because now they stay lit only when I hold the button pushed...)

you have to activate the "toggle" function for every button seperately. This can be done in the MIDI learn menu. Go into the menu, press the snapshot button to select the mode, thereafter send the MIDI event to the box and press the button which should learn this MIDI event. Alternatively you can also change the button behaviour with mk_syx or the Editor...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks Thorsten!

I have tried Serge's editor (which is wonderfull) but now I can't send sysex to my box  :-/

I think it's a connection problem because the LCD shows no reaction when I send or request sysex. I'm using the midi output of my soundblaster card. I had no problem with it and my synth, so I think the problem isn't there.

Another thing is strange: the midi out led stays always lit...

I'll verify all connections and hope to find the problem.

Best Regards, Cyril.

Thanks Thorsten!

I have tried Serge's editor (which is wonderfull) but now I can't send sysex to my box  :-/

I think it's a connection problem because the LCD shows no reaction when I send or request sysex. I'm using the midi output of my soundblaster card. I had no problem with it and my synth, so I think the problem isn't there.

Another thing is strange: the midi out led stays always lit...

I'll verify all connections and hope to find the problem.

Best Regards, Cyril.