velocity sesitive pads...

massimiliano

is it possible to use normal on\off buttons as velocity sensitive triggers?

i think that measuring the delay between on and off we can calculate the velocity. obviously we will have a fixed note duration.

and even if we hold the button pressed the note will play after the maximum time measurement (example 1,5 or 2 ms)

i think that under 2ms of the result could be fine

can someone make this kind of algorithm?

spdt switches

Nah you want SPST Momentary ON -aka- Single Pole Normally Open -aka- SPNO -aka- OFF-(ON) -aka- (ON)-OFF -aka- OPEN-(CLOSED) -aka- (CLOSED)-OPEN and if they're toggles you might also use SPDT and then you want (ON)-OFF-(ON) or (ON)-OFF-ON or (ON)-NONE-(ON) or (ON)-NONE-ON or (ON)-NONE-OFF (note they all have a momentary ON throw)

Now you all know why I hate using search engines to look for switches  ::)

hi massimiliano

the velocity stuff has already be implemented, browase around the forum and you ll find it

i know that the velocity sensitive implementation exists... but (this is what i understand) it needs special buttons.

i want to know if it is possible to write an implementation\algorithm to use normal momentary pcb buttons as velocity sensitive. setting a fixed note duration (good to trigger drum samples) and calculating velocity on the time interval between on hold and release...

about buttons i got some nice buttons from rjs electronics

can you give me a link or a picture of this rjs buttons???

and about the velocity application in the download section of ucapps... can you explain exactly how those spdt buttons work? i know that the normal keyboards calculate velocity values measuring the time interval of two contacts that are lightly distant each other...

i searched on the web for spdt or push push buttons... and i see that all these switches have a single little button!!!

Nah you want SPST Momentary ON -aka- Single Pole Normally Open -aka- SPNO -aka- OFF-(ON) -aka- (ON)-OFF -aka- OPEN-(CLOSED) -aka- (CLOSED)-OPEN and if they're toggles you might also use SPDT and then you want (ON)-OFF-(ON) or (ON)-OFF-ON or (ON)-NONE-(ON) or (ON)-NONE-ON or (ON)-NONE-OFF (note they all have a momentary ON throw)

Now you all know why I hate using search engines to look for switches  ::)

AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!  :'( :'(

please can you give me some links where i can read a king of datasheet of the button i have to buy???