dual voltage transformer?

Mr modnaR

Looks pretty good. But there are a few things to consider:

- Use low-drop voltage regulators - this way you´ll certainly be on the right side (dropping 7 V to 5 V with a standard 78xx *might* be a little on the edge).

- SHIIIIIELDING - these standard trafos certainly bring in a BUNCH of hum. Either put it into a external box (best way perhaps) and shield it (e.g. just use a metal box) or shield it thoroughly within your box (metal plates everywhere - pulled to ground).

- Working with high voltage (125 V AC) is NOT FUNNY AT ALL. It´s kinda dangerous (I talk about something I do know ... two times ... *cough*) and dammit it hurts! So only work on that if you KNOW what you´re doing and be extra-super-doopa-ultra-color careful.

thanks for the reply!

i went with a different one in the end. it outputs 4x7VAC. i'll connect two in series for 14VAC and two in parallel for 7VAC at twice the current capacity of one secondary.

7*1.42=9.94VDC how much will the rectifier and 7805 take away? i have almost 5V to play with, right?

cheers