Newbe: Organ Midification with Midi Controller

durchgedreht

Hi,

I want to midifize a Basspedal. I found some threads that the 128IO Project is the one to go for. I also found infos, one could go for a 32DigiIn Module and a Core modul, because I only need 13 Pedal input switches to connect to the bass pedal.

My Questions are:

1) As the 128 IOs are concatenated, I'm sure, the 32 Ins are now in the lower range and must therefore be mapped differently in the software. I also found a thread about "Switching Matrix", but didn't find the right insert point. Any Infos welcome.

2) When I use a uController with bootloader from the nice german shop, I do not need to flash anything, right? I will have the boot (or whatever) functionality to get up and runing the circuit and the havt to setup the Chip via Midi and a special PC software?

3) I would like to use the pedal as Basspedal and send the Note events to a synth. But I would also like to send Program changes with additional buttons. I think this is also only a configuration issue when using One DigitalIn Module?

4) Can I send the Midi events to different channels?

Best would be:

Midi Channel One: Note events and change events to Synth by buttons/basspedal

Midi Channel two: Change events to guitar FX

Midi Channel three: Change Events to DAW (Cubase)

I know, many questions are somewhere, but for you cracks it's just some words-

Thanks a lot! :D

1) As the 128 IOs are concatenated, I'm sure, the 32 Ins are now in the lower range and must therefore be mapped differently in the software. I also found a thread about "Switching Matrix", but didn't find the right insert point. Any Infos welcome.

All possible 128 inputs and outputs are accounted for by the software. You can connect as much or as little of the hardware to use this support as you want. Switch matrix is not fully developed. Don't bother with it. It is of no advantage for a project like this.

2) When I use a uController with bootloader from the nice german shop, I do not need to flash anything, right? I will have the boot (or whatever) functionality to get up and runing the circuit and the havt to setup the Chip via Midi and a special PC software?

Yes, you will do all your uploads of additional software via MIDI with free programs available on the MIDIbox site.

3) I would like to use the pedal as Basspedal and send the Note events to a synth. But I would also like to send Program changes with additional buttons. I think this is also only a configuration issue when using One DigitalIn Module?

Yes, you can do this easily.

4) Can I send the Midi events to different channels?

Yes, you write exactly the MIDI message you want sent for each switch on/off.

Ok, have found something about it. It seems like one can use some diodes to create an input matrix to gat a multiply of inputs with a few inputs (say 16 x 16 = 256 instead of 32). The adressing is made in software then. Nice idea, but I don't use so many inputs. I will go for a small 1 Input and 1 Core version of the 128IO project.

Hope to report the project soon  ;)