what is sound out voltage?

gotascii

What is the sound out voltage supposed to be when no notes are being played?  I am working on a sid and all voltages are correct and the interconnection test passes.  However I can't seem to get sound out...I just get +5v from the sound out and sound in pin (which seems like it may be a problem).  Also, is the PWM connection required or just recommended?  I'm still running off the 1mhz crystal thats on the sid board...could this be my problem?

What is the sound out voltage supposed to be when no notes are being played?  I am working on a sid and all voltages are correct and the interconnection test passes.  However I can't seem to get sound out...I just get +5v from the sound out and sound in pin (which seems like it may be a problem). 

Someone else knows this better than me, but I guess this could be ok. There's anyway decoupling cap at the output, so DC voltage doesn't pass to the output. (and current thread about sid input suggested, that input pin IS biased around 5VDC.

Also, is the PWM connection required or just recommended?  I'm still running off the 1mhz crystal thats on the sid board...could this be my problem?

This shouldn't be THE problem, sid should have sound anyway. Using clock signal from the core to the SID board is MUCH recommended, because it's the only way to ensure synchronous SID register updates.

Moebius