One SID with 6581

One Core

One 16 x 2 LCD

Control surface A with pushbutton rotary controller

powered by optimized C64 PSU

MIOS 1.9

SID 1.73

Up until i built the bankstick everything seemed to be functioning correctly-

I built a single bankstick using a Amtel 24LC256-I/MS from Mouser, hooked it up and turned the MIDISID on, and it formatted the bankstick and made the customary slotmachine sounds counting up to Patch A 128-

Once it is finished the Screen shows

C019 Chn 3 1---

<No BankStick>

I can go into the CFG menu and swith the bank to A (all the rest have an * after the bank letter), but once I turn the MidiSid off it formats the BankStick all over again.

I checked the orientation of my wiring from the BankStick to J4 of the core and it appears to be correct-

I checked the continuity from all 4 wires J4 to the Bankstick 8 pin DIL socket at it appears fine.

When i go to upload the 128 preset patches, it appears to be accepting them but as soon it is done, it is empty.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks-

Sorry to say that, but you should get a Microchip 24LC. I had the Atmel 24LC´s once, too, and they don´t work so good on the MB core, don´t ask me, why. Actually they get randomly formatted.

Just get on the microchip homepage and get yourself some 24LC512 (or 256) samples and you got no problems.

The Microchip Samples web site has received your Sample Order on 11/7/2006 at 10:38 AM United States Arizona Time.

Your Order number is: XXXXXX.

The items in your order are as follows:

Sample Item - Quantity Requested

24LC256-I/P - 1

We are in the process of scheduling your order for shipment and anticipate this to be completed shortly. According to the preferences you have selected in your profile, you will receive e-mail notifications about the status of your order including acknowledgement messages and shipping information.

Sincerely,

The Microchip Samples Team.

:)

Maybe it's just for microcontrollers... Either way, I'll try again hmmmm

---

Microchip currently only accepts online sample orders from registered business or university email addresses. We currently do not accept orders from generic ISP accounts. Please do one of the following:

1. Register with a valid business or university email address and place your sample order

:( Anyway... Maxim will send me samples... of what they have... :-/ lol

Maybe it's just for microcontrollers... Either way, I'll try again hmmmm

---

Microchip currently only accepts online sample orders from registered business or university email addresses. We currently do not accept orders from generic ISP accounts. Please do one of the following:

1. Register with a valid business or university email address and place your sample order

:( Anyway... Maxim will send me samples... of what they have... :-/ lol

Ahhh, it was the *email* address.  Sorry, I didn't pick up on that for some reason.  Well, you could always register a domain name and get hosting for it, but that might negate the "getting free samples" part.  Still, if I were to think of it that way, I'm sure that the samples I got this year would have already paid for my domain and hosting costs...