multi function button handling

Screaming_Rabbit

Hello

Does anybody know about it's possible to implement following multi function button handling by programming?

Description:

I'd like to have 4 or more "shift" buttons (Shift 1-4) to select the functions for Buttons A+B.

Example:

- I press and hold [shift1] the functions the MidiBox sends now would be "CUT" for [buttonA] and "PASTE" for [buttonB]

- I press and hold [shift2] the functions the MidiBox sends now would be "JUMP to Clip Left" for [buttonA] and "JUMP to Clip Right" for [buttonB]

- I press and hold [shift3] the functions the MidiBox sends now would be "JUMP to Marker Left" for [buttonA] and "JUMP to Marker Right" for [buttonB]

... and so on

Logical Shematic:

Button B ___/  _____________________________________________

|                  |                  |                  |

Button A ___/  _______|____________|____________|________    |

|  |              |  |              |  |            |  |

Shift1/--/            2/--/              3/--/            4/--/

\/  \/            \/  \/              \/  \/            \/  \/

===========================================

|    F  F              F  F              F  F            F  F    |

|    u  u              u  u              u  u            u  u    |

|    n  n              n  n              n  n            n  n    |

|    k  k              k  k              k  k            k  k    |

|    t  t              t  t              t  t            t  t    |

|    i  i                i  i                i  i              i  i    |

|    o  o              o  o              o  o            o  o    |

|    n  n              n  n              n  n            n  n    |

|                                                                          |

|    1  1              2  2              3  3            4  4    |

|    A  B              A  B              A  B            A  B    |

==========================================

Thanks and Greets

Roger

screaming

Are you doing this in assembly or C?

I do something like this in my project. It looks something like this.

From DIN_NotifyToggle() I have ButtonHandler(pin)

/* global var */
shiftmode = 0;

/* you simply toggle a shift mode to an ON state.
 * If you want to hold down a shift, then simply check the pin to see if its currently closed.
*/

void ButtonHandler(unsigned char pin) {

switch(pin) 
	{
		case DIN_A_Button:

switch(shiftmode) {

case MODE1:
				DoCut();
				break;

case MODE2:
				DoJumpLeft();				
				break;