Need one more digital pin....

Jidis

Hi,

I'm throwing together a layout and have a switch in it which I was planning to try to use as a modifier toggle later on (it isn't a momentary). My DIN/DOUT circuits right now come to nice even multiples of eight and I've got that one stupid switch left over.

Assuming it's OK to do, what's the obvious PIC pin to grab for that?

Right now, I'm running 48 lights (6-595s), 16 buttons (2-165s), 4 faders & 4 pots (directly to PIC). My connections for all that will be the regular Core stuff (bank A for the pots/faders, RD0-3 for the DIN/DOUTS). There will likely be no other i/o components (except MIDI of course).

Thanks,

George

Much thanks both of you!

Looks like I'm OK with any of the mux lines since I'm just running the eight pots. :)

I was mainly just wondering if any of the pins were any more difficult to access for something weird from within the app, as MIOS has so much happening on the OS level. I was afraid of crashing into something happening behind the scenes. :-X

George

PS- Sad, but I've had that pin list, but haven't looked at it in a while, and just saved another copy to take with me the other night. I got mixed up and somehow remembered it as the same info that's in that port listing on the Core's page. :-[

I was mainly just wondering if any of the pins were any more difficult to access for something weird from within the app

There are two more topics that might be of interest for you, if you're not sure how to access pin within your program :

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=6208.msg43831#msg43831

and

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=6754.msg43142#msg43142

best regards,

Michael

Michael,

Thanks again. This will likely be in assembler though. :'(

The mod key/odd pin doesn't scare me so much as the app itself. I'm going to try to do it from the skeleton up, and I'll probably be "dead in the water" after the first couple lines. ;D I figure maybe if I just go ahead and make the thing, it will be some incentive to fight my way through the app, but I'm trying not to set myself up for too much disappointment.

George