core module j5

Guest goldenkonkey

Guest goldenkonkey

Hello, firts i am very inexperienced, second, i was never intended to build this project (16e) as a technician said due to my lack of expertise he would build it for me. He went on holiday today, and my dissertation, for which midi box is part is due next friday. Things are urgent!!

All pcbs have been built and i have been left to connect together. On core, J5 has 10 pins "Interface to the AIN module for MIDIbox64, and output ports for the MIDI clock signals of MIDIO128."

on AIN J5 only has 6 pins, so which pin from core goes to which on Ain, and which if any are left out??

Also power to j5 goes to pins 1+2, but where on the core does it come from? jx?? Please forgive me i have no electronics knowledge, i am treating this a little like lego.

Also i have wired all of the slider pots together in sequence, i was told how to do this, and i understand that the output from the pots goes to the Ain, one for each pot. But for the sequence of pots i have an in and an out. I dont know where these go, please help.

Also is it essential to link buttons to the lcs unit?? if so more questions will follow.

Many thanks i will try to carry out any help tomorrow at university.

help that some one can help me

Many thanks, Rob Kingsnorth

Guest goldenkonkey

hi, first, what i suggested should be built was the 16e, however, what he actually built me may not have been a 16e. Sorry for the confususion.

The components that i have are

core

DIN, AIN, Core, LCD and and 16 pots. and 4 buttons to control the lcd.

Hope this helps

Rob

Guest goldenkonkey

Thanks for the reply Thorsten, that does make more sense to me.

However I only have 16 pots, and therefore only one AINX4. Does this mean i can just leave A4-A7 from core j5 unconnected?? if not where do i put them?

thanks again, Rob