Midibox v3 Some Questions

Dauwige

Hi to all,

first thx to torsten for for this exelent diy project. I started first with the v2.4 project but after a look to the new v3 i dicide to change to the new version. At the beginnig a had some problems but this forum is very good for solve the most problems.

Tip:I get all PICs directly from Microlab as samples for free. There was a hint in this forum.

First: I have made the 4x16 LED Matrix and wonder that all are on at power up. That happens in v2.4 and v3. Is this normal?

Second : Is there a subroutine for showing System Info like firmware info and usage of memory or how (KB installed)?

I have nearly finished the hardware and the front panel is ready for order: what u think about the panel?

see attachment

Later i will post some photos of my diy project.

Greetings to all.

added: in the setup*.asm there is the followig:

LIST P=PIC18F452, R=DEC

ERRORLEVEL      -223    ; suppress "Redefining processor."

for the v3 have i modify it to the PIC 18F4620?

like:

LIST P=PIC18F4620, R=DEC

765_Grafik1_jpg3fda5eb54c8bb9f24723378dd

Hi Dauwige,

the LEDs shouldn't be on at power up. Maybe they are connected to the wrong shift registers? Note that the common LED lines are mirrored between v2.4 and v3.0 - which changes did you made in the source code?

No, there isn't a routine for system info, but there is a memory usage map in the *.lst file which is useful.

When you assembled setup_mbseq_v3.asm, the map will be at the bottom of setup_mbseq_v3.lst

The wrong processor type in the setup_* files of MBSEQ V3 is an error, I will change this. But it doesn't cause a problem, since the correct type is defined again in mios.h, and this definition overwrites the last one. Nevertheless, consistency always makes sense :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the look of your panel layout! Just a hopefully helpful suggestion... Im not certain but are your group buttons set out right? It has labels for 16 groups and 4 tracks but you get 16 tracks and 4 groups, maybe im missing your intention here, but thought id say something just incase as panels are expensive to do twice :)