How to replace buttons with encoders

goldie_pl

Hi,

yes, if you want to send MIDI events with rotary encoders, you have to use MB64E instead. Just have a look into setup_midibox64.asm and setup_midibox16e.asm, and read the comments in main.asm

(Sorry, there is no additional information available beside of these comments)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

There's not so many forum, where the main boss helps his users :) Thanks, TK. Now trying to get into these files, seems I'll be able to understand it,

So - MB64E is in fact expanded version od MB64, no funcionality has been replaced by other? It makes MB64e best platform for creating own setups, even apps like Traktorizer can be simply programmed as presets for MB64e.

Yes, MB64E is the "better" MIDIbox controller. Especially because it can handle 128 pot/encoder events and 64 buttons within one bank. :)

My website doesn't make this very clear, I would like to see a discussion about the MIDIbox variations in the Wiki.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Yes, I've figured it out after I ran MB64 :) I had some problems with adding data wheel as left/right butons, but now all is working properly.

Now I try to build a case for Traktor controller, build second core and AIN/DIN/DOUT modules but everything is "on wires", no dedicated PCB's yet (I don't do them by myself, I send Protel data to little firm and must wait about 2 weeks for each shipping, unfortunately). Got a problem with configuration of Traktor 2.6, 'cause this version doesn't recognise encoders directly (buttons/pots only -or I miss something). I know that v3 is better, but doesn't work on my laptop - is too old :[ But controller itself works definitely good.

Now trying to understand how to set up the LEDs, but is a question of time and some tries:). But no time for more experiments now, 'cause in one week I will have removal to new home and we're started to pack everything in cartons... I hope I will get some progress in 2-3 weeks.

And one question: can I use other LCD's than 2x16? Got spare 4x16 with nice white on black letters and want to use it in next controller. Will Mb64E drive it nativelly?