problem uploading app/mios - uncommon behaviour

cimo

hi all

i am experiencing a strange behaviour:

first i had some problems uploading mios on a pic452, i used another computer and it worked

then i had some problems uploading the software, it gave some MIDI IN OVERRUN ERROR but then it could eventually upload all the application

anyway the result from the application are not as supposed, i don t get any event from the din but only from pin8 which will send 16 messages C3 ON on every channel!

it also gives F0 00 00  7E 40 00 01 F7 (only once) at startup: this means that the app has not been uploaded right?  F0 00 00  7E 40 00 00 F7 should be read when an application is running over MIOS right? can anyone confirm?

along with the strange behaviour it will also show some midi messages when shutting down the box, sometime it will send them sometime not..

any idea??

thanks

simone

Hi Simone,

anyway the result from the application are not as supposed, i don t get any event from the din but only from pin8 which will send 16 messages C3 ON on every channel!

sounds, like there is a problem with the shift register.

See this troubleshooting page for debugging instructions: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=din_module

it also gives F0 00 00  7E 40 00 01 F7 (only once) at startup: this means that the app has not been uploaded right?

no, the 1st level bootloader will always send this request at startup - no problem.

F0 00 00  7E 40 00 00 F7 should be read when an application is running over MIOS right?

thats not correct, "00" is an invalid SysEx command and not sent under normal circumstances. Where did you read this? Maybe a typo

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

apart from having the box partially running i still have problems with certain pc/soundcard combinations:

XP with an extigy pci works ok almost all the times

then i have another XP, a Powerbook G4, a Tascam 122 and an Emagic 2/6 and a AudioTrack usb/MIDI interface : none of the combinations possible with this equipment will work, is it possible that the optocoupler is defective and it will only work with a slightly stronger signal (no usb equipment?), that s the only idea i had, because i have no problems on the MB working the signal out but i can t upload any software

thanks

simone