We have lift off!

NeurDis

I just finished my MIDIbox SID and it works wonderfully! I'd like to thank Mr. Klose for this wonderful site and project design. I'd also like to pass along my gratitude to Wilba for being patient enough to answer my noobish questions.  :)

Now I just have to box it up and rock out!  8)

I'm at work right now so I'll have to wait until later. :(

I don't have the encloser yet either. I'm trying to decide if I want to make it a table top or rack mounted unit. I'm leaning towards table top. Hammond makes some translucent enclosers that would look pretty cool.

I'll post some pics of the frankenstien setup I have right now when I get home.

Thanks! Unfortunately my camera isn't available for use right now, so I will have to wait on the pics. I'm in the process of getting the enclosure and the buttons/encoders for the control surface.

Does anybody have a recommendation for buttons? I found plenty of places on the web that sell them, but I'd like to know how they feel before ordering them. I found some locally, but they were too stiff. I think I'm gonna go with the basic control surface for now. 

I would recomend some from Knitter Switch http://www.knitter-switch.com/

I`ve got some samples from them and they have very nice touch responce and looks great. They have also illuminated ones.

I am going to use the ones TK used for his SEQ but square shaped. You can find it in http://www.reichelt.de but seams they have only round ones at the moment. Avoid MEC pushbuttons. They look great but all their buttons are extremly stiff and very loud! Good luck.

the pics will be great

i use these buttons apem components 1415NC

there not the most stylish i suppose but they are suface mount

water proof and dust proof

ive used them on both my boxes for a few years in lots of dusty places and never 

had one fail

the action is good to play live with very positive

so i suppose ill stick to them  wish they had them a little smaller though

good luck with the buttons

kris

P1010038.JPG