Monitor Select Box

sidysm

Anyone know where I could get a diagram for how to wire up a box to select between two computers display going to a monitor?

I want to set my daw up as a dual monitor using the monitar for my internet machine but kvm boxes cost a bomb.

All I want is a box with 1 15pin display output and 2 15pin display inputs and a switch to select which input.

If you are using a resolution of 1024*768 or higher, don't go for those cheap passive boxes with a switch! They can't handle the bandwidth!! (well at least the one I tried couldn't) maybe try one if you can return it if it isn't good enough. I bought one, and two monitor extension cords and the screen was way too blurry! (I have room for only one monitor, for two PC's)

I made a much better monitor extension cable for  free!! ;D I removed the monitor cable from a malfunctioning monitor, and added another D connector to the other end and it worked way better than the bought one!!  8)

bye, from Steve