MIOS/MB64e uploaded fine, but no midi...Help!

So, I've finished building the hardware and have uploaded mios and MB64e to my controller. Specs are:

26 buttons

7 encoders

40 pots

no display

But when i open the mios studio midi monitor i get no midi coming out of my box at all, only the mios update request. I have also tried the midibox64 application and still no midi data.

I figured it would need some extra configuration, but i get absolutely nothing from any of the buttons, pots or encoders.

I have triple-checked all my connections and they all seem fine. Where do I go from here?

ok i started troubleshooting by unplugging all the modules and adding them one by one.

I got the dins to work ok, but there is a problem with the ain modules i keep getting random control messages

All of the unused inputs are clamped to earth and all of the pots seem to be wired correctly. What should i try next?

The ain boards i etched myself and they are a little rough, but there are no faults i can see. The only thing i can think of is: I soldered the 4051s directly to the board, are these chips particularly heat sensitive?

No, the 4051s shouldn't be so sensitive - many geeks never use sockets for these chips.

Do you see the same random CC events when no AIN module is connected, and all analog inputs at J5 are clamped to ground?

What happens, when only one multipexed channel for 8 pots is connected to the first analog input of J5, and the others are connected to ground? (for this test, the 4051s have to be supplied with Vss/Vdd, and the 3 select lines have to be connected to J6 of the core module)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

No, the 4051s shouldn't be so sensitive - many geeks never use sockets for these chips.

Do you see the same random CC events when no AIN module is connected, and all analog inputs at J5 are clamped to ground?

What happens, when only one multipexed channel for 8 pots is connected to the first analog input of J5, and the others are connected to ground? (for this test, the 4051s have to be supplied with Vss/Vdd, and the 3 select lines have to be connected to J6 of the core module)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

OK, so with no ain connected i get no random messages.

with 1 channel channel of 8 pots is connected i get the random cc events.

I guess this means that there my core is fine and there is something wrong with my ain board, or the wiring of my pots.

I wired the pots exactly the same as the 64pots diagram on ucapps.de. I checked them again and they seem fine.

All these random cc messages mean an open connection somewhere in the circuit right?

• 2 weeks later...

-->patstormont

Hi ! When you were pushing buttons and there was no MIDI signal - what next have you done ?

You've unconnect all the DINX's and you connected them again - one by one when the core was on ? Or you've done that in some other way?

Have you also solved the problem with pots ?

I have this same problem!

I have also problem with Midi Studio when i'm turning on the core with MB64 application. The core should send rubbish all the time!(what i observe earlier-and that was correct). But now it starts and after few signals everything stop and i have to close Midi Studio besouse it's not working and no-button can be touched... What's going on ? What can i do ?

Bst Rgrds

Chris

Hi Chris,

if the core sends a lot of MIDI data all the time, you propably forgot to connect all unusued analog pins to ground (-> the AUAIMBCTG rule, see also http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/auaimbctg.pdf)

Yes, such a permanent data stream can lead to a hang up in MIOS Studio - this is java related, the data traffic is just too high for Java

Best Regards, Thorsten.