More LCD Problems :( But Everything Else is working!!! :)

supraanimo

Well I still seem to be having lcd problems:

I have tried 2 2x40 and a 2x16 on two seperate cores and the all show the black bars, also all of the cores are sending out good midi data so I know they are working.

I have run the lcd interconnect test, double checked my wiring (verified the signal path with a multimeter), but still only the black bars.

Is there anything I could have missed? I have programmed these PICs myself with a JDM, perhaps the JDM is causing issues? What should I be seeing as far as a signal from the core to the lcd ( I can always hook up an oscilloscope )?

Well if anyone has any ideas let me know.

But anyway, I heard the first sweet glorious sounds out of my sid yesterday, woohoo. Dreamy <3

JJC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

in one of your earlier posts you wrote, that the 2x16 was working. Do you remember, what you've changed until then?

2x40 LCD: take care for the pinning. The WM-C4002P datasheet contains a table with the "interface pin connections", where pins are counted from 1..8, 9..16 in two lines (horizontally) - but this doesn't match with the physical layout.

The correct pin layout can be seen in the graphical representation (which also describes the dimensions). From the upper left to the lower right pin it counts: 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, ... 2, 1

Best Regards, Thorsten.