Backup Bankstick

whomper

I have read the contents of the banksticks (8 in Seq3) as instructed, but when I play back, the Seq goes into idle reading a bankstick but does not return to its normal mode afterwards.

When I reset it, it is as nothing had happened and all previous patterns are there.

Any clue?

Whomper

Poor TK is gonna come back from his holiday to find 100 bugs you spotted :( hehehe

If you are in a big rush to get any of this stuff fixed let me know, but I haven't had a chance to look over much of v3 so it might be that it would be faster to wait for TK anyway hehehe

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I am missing something here, but however I try I can not upload back the stored bankstick.

I have backed up bankstick #0 to get a file of size 37896 bytes. Now, as I upload it to Seq3 (no special preparation, just dump the sysex) I get ack messages from Seq3 and at the end Seq3 is left in a non active state as though it did not come our of the bulk read and of course after restart the uploaded bankstick did not change the bankstick.

I have attached a screen dump of the ack messages I am getting while uploading. Perhaps someone has some clue based on the ack messages what went wrong.

Thanks,

Whomper

Grab_thumb.jpg

1124_Grab_jpge2a047f14a83c41caa002d1685e

There are error messages (...0E 01 xx F7) which indicate, that less bytes than expected have been received.

Some other messages (...0F xx F7) indicate a correct upload

So it seems, that you are not using a SysEx tool which allows to add a delay between two SysEx blocks - the delay should be ca. 600 mS (I think this was the worst case)

For MAC you can use the SysEx Librarian, see http://www.ucapps.de/howto_tools_mbsyx.html

It's normal, that after a BankStick dump or upload the core will be reset, this is no error

Best Regards, Thorsten.

ok, I have gone up as 1sec delay between each message and the response looks a bit better (enclosed snapshot) but still seq3 does not reboot afterwards. I might have a defective means to store the file originally.

If someone can send me a dump of a Seq3 bankstick #1 (important, or I'll erase my main work bankstick :-() just for testing purposes to see which end did I get wrong, receive or transmit, that would be appreciated.

Whomper

grab_thumb.jpg

1142_grab_jpgb5d796ef23772b9ed07c2d98b94

The upload was totally successfully, because there are 32 positive acknowledges (32k), and one additional error response, which propably comes from a recorded "dummy upload request", which will be sent by the core after a reset. You could remove this last upload request from the SysEx dump

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Yes, I had removed the last F) 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7 from the sysex and it worked, i.e. Seq3 restarted itself.

Aparently, the above message is being sent by Seq3 as the last message in the dump. I had checked this with MIOS Studio and at the end of the dump I am getting it. If I just store the dump as is and play it, it will not make Seq3 restart itself and ack the dump, only if I remove it manually from the dump and play it, it works.

Another idea would be to have "Send Sysx" menu option initiate bankstick dumps as well as patterns. It would be so much easier from a manageability perspective as playing and recording the input on a mac requires some tricks... :-(

Whomper