How many cores can be linked ???

pilgrims1

You might want to consider a LED matrix.

One DOUTx2 can drive 64 LEDs, a DOUT for sinking 8 columns, a DOUT for outputting to 8 rows.

Similarly, you can use a DOUT for sinking 8 columns and DOUTx12 for outputting to 96 rows... in this case you'll need a few transistors to sink the maximum current of 96 LEDs!

When I say rows and columns I don't mean they have to be in horizontal rows and vertical columns, you can arrange them any way you like, you just connect the cathodes in "columns" and the anodes in "rows".

Of course this means a little tweaking of the application code but I've helped others out with this kind of thing before... i.e. an 8x8 matrix of LEDs.

Of curse...

I want to Led matrix... but..

I want to assign to each LEDs from each midi cc or note message.

Wilba??

Is it possible ??  If possible??  That is good to me for save money ( use only few core modules and Doutx4 modules)

I'll need only two cores and 8 Doutx4 moduls.

If not...(can not assign midi message to each LEDs)  How many cores can be linked(maximum)??

I suggested it can be done with one Core and 13 DOUTs (4 DOUTx4 modules) to drive 768 LEDs... but that requires writing your own code, you can make each LED turn on/off based on MIDI messages... While it is possible to do the same thing with linked Cores and lots more DOUTx4 modules, I guess you would still need to change the code, you probably cannot just use the MIDIIO128 application as it sounds like your need for 768 LEDs is more complex... You should explain more about what you want to do, how each LED should be turned on/off with MIDI events.

Hm.....

I want to make Insert On, Send On, EQ On indicator to every 48channel (thru Generic remote in Nuendos)

So... one channel consists of 20 LED ( 8 insert, 8 send, 4 EQ(eachband))

So.....    20 X 48 = 960 LEDs ...

If I use only 6 insert, 6 send 4 EQ on  LEDs...  It will be 16(6+6+4) x 48 ch = 768 LEDs

You sure you need all that? Why not have some kind of banking system so you can see for example 12 tracks at a time?

Once every few manths someone comes along with an idea like yours but so far I don't believe that anyone has done it - and with good reason. It might pay to reconsider your design so that it is a bit more practical.... You only have two hands, and one pair of eyes which will only be able to tell one LED from another within a 50cm radius... It's just as quick to hit a button as it is to turn your head.

Wilba ?? ^^*

I plan to make so big control surface for my stuido (with Nuendo)

I will make 48channel (6 x MBHP LC) control surface...

And  I put 8 insert ON, 8 Send On, 4 EQ on LEDs(20 LEDs), Automation Read and Write LEDs with push button to each channel..

As a result... 2 Din 22Dout is required at each 48 channel.....

So   22 x 48 = 1056 Dout is required...

Wilba??  1056 Dout is possible with one Core module??

And How many DOUTx4 module is required???

Can I change code myself??

Thank you for your advise... ^^*   Help me please....

Wilba??  1056 Dout is possible with one Core module??

... are you shure, you want to think that far before knowing the basics of what is possible from the side of your host, the protocol, the hardware etc.?

Your 1056 DOUTs should be spread over 6 physical MIDI Inputs (6x8x22) of your host. I don't know nuendo good enough but I'm pretty shure it works like all other Mackie protocol based systems and it's also implemented that way from Mackie itself. - 8 faders per physical MIDI I/O.

My suggestion: Think big... yes, I'm doing this too but don't expect it to be an easy way.  Sometimes there are small steps and intermissions necessary to keep on track for the big plan.

Greets, Roger

Thank you for your interesting ....

Just in my opinion ....  Nuendo's Generic Remote support Note message

So  each channel can use 88note  ok?

And 16channel x 88 = 1408 note can be used with one midi port...

Is it possible?

And data band with is not a problem (in my thought).

This 1056 LEDs is not constant in out messages... like smpte mtc....

They sent or recieved few times.....  It's purpose is just viewing Nuendos's Mixer's status.....

Screaming_Rabbit  !!  Teach me more.... ^^*