core module not working

ashd

adding the lcd makes the voltage drop from 4.99v to 3.4v across IC2:5 IC2:8, increasing the psu voltage to max (which outputs about 18.2v)  which results in the regulator and back of the lcd becoming extremely hot, the voltage increases back to 4.7v across IC2:5 IC2:8, but results in the pic resetting over and over...

i can't get it working, after redisconnecting the lcd and attempting to solder a AIN module in, i get no random midi events like i should, and attatching a fader to the ain module and moving it results in nothing (i do get the 0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7 message on boot but nothing else), i'm thinking i hsould just start again and order a new core kit from smashtv or something unless you guys have any other suggestions?

Do you get only ONE sysx message, or one every two seconds?

If that´s the case (second one), you only have burnt the bootstrapt loader, and so, it´d be allright if you don´t receive random controller messages until you upload

*MIOS first

* The application after that (I suppose MB64)

Pablo

i'm thinking i hsould just start again and order a new core kit from smashtv or something unless you guys have any other suggestions?

Uhm don't get this the wrong way, but if you made a mistake this time, chances are you might make the same mistake again. My 'other suggestion' would be patience ;) Fix it up bud :)

Hi,

no need to start over yet. DON´T start connecting other modules to the core before the issue is solved. DON´T switch around at the PSU all the time, please keep it at the 7.5V (or 9V) mark. You didn´t comment on my backlight adjustment hint yet - I repeat: If your LCD gets hot, this means that the LCD probably draws too much current for your PSU. You said it did work without LCD! Please adjust the backlight pot to min and tell us if it still doesn´t work. If the LCD brightness doesn´t go down, you have an error around the transistor or the pots. Measure the current coming from the PSU. upload photos of your board (front and rear).

follow our hints and tell us the results, then we can help you better...

Seppoman