Half working LCD

vedge

Hello

Ive got a nice 1U rack with an LCD built in, so i figured there was a chance it would work

(like other alien LCDs did) with my mBOX

Its a DataView DV-24200  2x24 display:

http://www.datasheet4u.com/download.php?id=282867

(supposedly KS-0066U controllable)

It seems that only letters work (attached MIOS boot screen), 

so, looking at the character grid, im thinking D5 would be bust! but its not.

(ive tripple checked the lines)

Im sure this lcd used to work before i thrashed whatever was in the original 1U ..

any clues? is it just bust, or do i need to setup a different flag in my projects, and recompile?

If i plug another LCD in that spot (ive got 3 others), i do get the right picture

DV_LCD_thumb.png

1170_DV_LCD_png1590198a59d0d752fc3797a2d

If other displays work, then it's the display or cable, a short between the pins on the display, or a bad connection on the IDC plug maybe... but then it could also be a break on a track of the display itself, which is probably unfixable... your instincts are right tho... try a test app that prints ASCII 65 to whatever... look for a pattern.

If other displays work, then it's the display or cable, a short between the pins on the display, or a bad connection on the IDC plug maybe... but then it could also be a break on a track of the display itself, which is probably unfixable... your instincts are right tho... try a test app that prints ASCII 65 to whatever... look for a pattern.

Or it could be broken rom/ram on the LCD itself. as the other chars printed are just a random mess....

Ill try to find a suitable replacement 2x24 but the drill holes dimensions must be the same sigh.

Thanks

There was a guy on ebay selling EL backlit 2x24 LCDs.

petroelb is the user ID.

I just checked, and he has none currently, but I got the feeling he has a number in stock, so perhaps try it out.

I got 6, cause I'm greedy ::) and planning a 3xLC similar to Axel's (but with a panning joystick and extra bits and pieces  ;)