Midibox 64 walkthrough

The III Man

Hi All,

For those Midibox gurus on this site, this will probably send you to sleep, but in the interest of people like myself I have passed the planning stage of my midibox and in its building I am hoping to provide some sort of build walkthrough. I know this has been done before and I found those very helpful although one of them is slightly out of date and the other is spread across multiple pages of the forum. Anyway I am concerned I might be counting my chickens but on the off chance I pull this one off I will try and put down as much as possible in writing. My main motivation is that it has taken me a year of browsing, learning and frustration with my equipment to pluck up the courage to order parts from SMASH TV. Now I have done that I figure the worst that can happen is people will see what errors I have made.

For those Gurus and generally knowledgable MIDI folk on this forum, all I have written is aiming at filling in some of the blanks that often seem too obvious to most, particularly abbreviations and jargon. I will have made errors and still learning so please correct me where I have made wrong statements, and if you see ways I can refine my design please let me know.

Fingers crossed and onward we go. I am not expecting this to all happen very quickly but aim to keep people posted.

The link is on the MIDIBOX page of my website www.thethirdmanmusic.co.uk ;D

cheers

toby

Not in the slightest, I just thought I'd keep it out of the forum for the moment until I had actually succeeded in doing something other than talking about making it! Feel free to copy at will. Please do put the link to the oage on my site though whilst you're at it - hope thats cool. Will be asking many more quiestions of you enroute to completion!

cheers

toby