[LC] : Transport bar: Buttons/switches

Bibster

Hello,

I'm having quite a hard time finding nice, good (printed?!) buttons/switches for the transport section of my LC-to-be.

White ones, with green (play) and red (rec) backlight.

White backlight for ffwd/rew etc.

I mean, y'all know what it should look like, right? no? well, like the ones here:

sony_pcm7040_1.jpg

Now, where does one source these buttons?

And how does one control the backlight: These things are generally regular lightbulbs, not ELDs, right?)

Kind regards, Paul

You can print the signs you like on transparent foil and insert them under the transparent window of something like MEC buttons

... or with the EAO  ;)

EmergVeh-Panel-2.jpg

Since EAO was (or still is) the studio/pro-audio industry standard, I bet you'll get nice printed versions from stock.

From years of experience in professional audio engineering:

Transport buttons only make sense if they have an appropriate size. If your buttons are too small, you're quicker by engaging "play" with your mouse. Normally they have to be hit quickly (appropriate size) and normally they will get hit very hard (appropriate quality).

Greets, Roger

I just got reply from EAO distributor, and minimum order is 100 pieces. 3,54 EUR/piece+ taxes/ handling and 80 EUR shipping from Croatia to Seriba (bordering countries)! Sooo, I`m still going to make my own buttons in future...