would you buy a broken yamaha RS7000?

bosone

what is this toy:

http://www.yamahasynth.com/products/rs7000/

i will probably have the possiblity to buy a broken rs7000 for maybe 100-150 euro, but i still don't know what is the problem.

there are three possibilities if i buy it

1) i succeed in repair it, and i have made an incredible deal...  8)

2) I will not be able to repair it, i will take some spare part for my midibox and perhaps use the case in a future project

3) since, honestly, i don't know what other midibox to build since i have SEQ, SID, 64E, i sell the rs7000 to one of the midboxer of this forum, as is... would you buy it for your project or for try to repair? would you pay at least the money i spent for buying it?  :P

what is this toy:

It's a groovebox thingy. A pretty good one if you're into that.

If it's just "broken" then I wouldn't do it if I were you. For all you know the entire insides have been removed.

Surely the seller can tell you what happens when he tries to make it work? IE does it not power on? No sound? No midi out? No screen?

i still don't know what is the problem and i am waiting for a reply from the seller...

anyway, it's  a try... if i'd know that someone would buy the box for inserting inside a midibox (recycling buttons and knobs, maybe), i would make a try to buy and repair... and if it doesnt work i would be almost sure to have back at least part of the money invested in this crazy action!!! :)  ;D

or, if decide not to buy it, i will give the address the seller for anyone interested!  ;)