A-SID Bassline: my new project!

metabit

Hello,

I am going to start my first SID project this summer. ;D I want to build two of what I am calling the "A-SID Bassline", the DIY 303!! Basically my plan is to make each with a CORE module, a SID module, a DIN4 module and to use a 20x40 LCD, 20(or so) buttons, 9 rotary encoders, and a bunch of LED's. I am using SID8580's and also have two CEM3378 filters that I will incorporate by building AOUT LC modules.

I noticed in the Complete Control Surface (Step C) documentation that DOUT modules are called for and I am wondering what signals these are used for?

Also wondering about the AOUT LC module's resolution. It says in the documetation that for MIDIBox SID to use 12 bits for filter and only 4 for resonance. As I am planning to make 303'ish bassline SIDs I am wondering if 4 bits of resolution for resonance will be enough.

Any thoughts?

Cheers - Jason

Just short, I have to go to sleep ^^ was a long night. THe dout modules are for the leds. You will see what the Leds are for when looking at the pictures. If I have understood right, you just have that issue (12/4 or 8/8 bit) with the aout_lc. the normal aout has 12 bit on all outs.

greetz