Difference between rectifier B40C800 and B40C1000

URBatORB

Hello,

what's the difference between rectifier B40C800 and B40C1000. Or better for understanding; what does the indentification say?

B = ?

40 = 40 volts

C = ?

1000 or 800 ?

Can I use a B40C1000 instead a B40C800 for the improved SID PSU?

Thanks,

Daniel

Thanks for the fast reply. I ordered a B40C800 and got a B40C1000. Now I think the B40C800 were simply out of stock.

I have a square DIP Version. I looks like that one:

~ IIII -

~ IIII +

Do you know were I have to connect the  9V AC and the conduction from the Powerswitch? I can't find information  according to that rectifier version.

Daniel

Thanks for the fast reply. I ordered a B40C800 and got a B40C1000. Now I think the B40C800 were simply out of stock.

I have a square DIP Version. I looks like that one:

~ IIII -

~ IIII +

Do you know were I have to connect the  9V AC and the conduction from the Powerswitch? I can't find information   according to that rectifier version.

Daniel

I would place the powerswitch between your mains and the trafo (no polarity because it's AC, so so don't worry about the wires). The AC out of the trafo go to the 2 ~ leads, and then + comes out of the + lead, and - out of the -...quite simple as you can see :)