Homebrew PSU

NorthernLightX

Hi,

a while ago I was developping a PSU for MidiBox, with many commonly used voltages; +5v +9v +12v -12v and ofcourse GND. There was a previous thread about it here: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=6374.0

I finally finished completing the assembly today (took a break from MidiBoxing alltogether for a long time) and I am glad to announce that all the voltages appear to be at least stable. I will have to test it with a considerable load attached to claim for it to be a good alternative for the C64 brick, so the next step is finishing and testing some other modules I still have lying around to create something that resembles a Midibox' internals. At least I have a Core_V2 and a SID_V2 finished, adapted to the latest V3 specs, and hooked up, so next is some DIN and DOUT and an LTC. I hope to be able to give some measurements about stability and heat over the next weeks or so, depends on the spare time :)

Almost forgot, I need to finish a burner too, no bootstrap in my PICs yet...

Cheers,  Alex.