just finished building my midibox sid!

CongoZombie

Hey Guys,

I've just finished building my MIDIBox SID and I'm loving it. I'm thinking of building it into an Amiga power supply box (I've only got Step A control surface at the moment until I can afford to build the full one)

I can only say that it has given me the taste for more! I want to build an FM and SEQ now... Maybe after the summer ;) I'd just like to say that the tutorials and walkthroughs posted up are top notch, thanks guys.

Anyway, maybe I'll post up some pictures when I'm done with the case?

Grats.

Got my Core and Sid module together the other day. Kind of surpised it work considering the Sid module is one I made out of a basic radio shack protoboard and some parts I found laying around. My LCD and some odds and ends from Jameco on enroute currently.

What are you using for an enclosure? I'm considering useing a C64C case I've got, but may build something from scratch.

At the moment I've just got the parts sitting in an Amiga power supply box (the plastic one). It all fits real well, but i feel that maybe a nice metal box will be better? I aim to upgrade to the 4 SID CS solution soon though, as I'd Like to mount it in a rack box. I'd also like to build a MIDIBox FM, but i've not been able to come across any cards with the right chip in as of yet (Ebay or otherwise). But it's definitely on the cards.

I'd also like to see if it'd be possible to build my own SINE OSC and control it via the CV outs, cos I feel that the addition of a sine would make a lot more nice sounds... not sure if this is possible or not or if anyone has already done it...