Question about fader (pots) with a Midibox64E, and 2nd question about encoders.

Jymm

Hello,

I've almost finished my MB64E, and I'm testing some features not with my full MB64E, but with 13 buttons (8+5 for menus), 8 encoders and 8 faders.

The thing is that I don't understand how the pots are supposed to work: I think everything is plugged right, but only the last 4 faders are working. In the "main.asm", I did this:      #define DEFAULT_NUMBER_AIN 32; and #define DEFAULT_ENABLE_AIN_MUX 1

The 8 faders are all plugged in the 1st multiplexer. Do I have to set other parameter in the "main.asm" file ?

Thanks, that is my first question.

2nd question:

When I turn my encoders, the values are transmitted by 2 steps. For example, I have a volume set to 100, if I move the encoder, I will have 102 or 98, but not 101 or 99. It the same thing with an encoder set as a datawheel to navigate in the menus, it goes 2 pages left or right.

Can I do something ?

Thank for your answers.

2nd question:

When I turn my encoders, the values are transmitted by 2 steps. For example, I have a volume set to 100, if I move the encoder, I will have 102 or 98, but not 101 or 99. It the same thing with an encoder set as a datawheel to navigate in the menus, it goes 2 pages left or right.

Sounds similar like you have detended encoders (1 detend per half cycle) working in non-detend mode... or detended encoders (2 cycles per detend) in detend-mode.

Greets, Roger

Thank for the answers.

About the encoders, I will check that tomorrow. For the moment, I know they're working as Detended, but I will try non detended.

For the faders, the first 4 don't do nothing, whereas the last 4 send values. I add that I tried to plug them directly on the port J5 of the core module, and everything worked fine (the 8 faders), so I think y solders are fine. I also plugged them on the 2nd multiplexer, and I had the same problem. I inverted the faders too, and the problem is still there. I'm quite sure there's a parameter to change, but I don't know which one (I'm a beginner with the midibox concept).

Thanks.

Hi,

I tried your tips, and I checked everything, my solders and cables.

The encoder problem is solved.

My problem with faders is still there. I did an other test: I connected 8 more faders to the 2nd multiplexer of my Ain card, and it's terrible: I have the same problem. I mean that faders 1-4 don't respond, 5-8 respond well, then 9-12 don't respond, and 13-16 respond, really strange !

So I really don't think it comes from a hardware, but from my programmation.

Any ideas ?

Sounds like what happens if the address line A2 is not connected correctly...

AIN A2 A1 A0

0 0 0 0

1 0 0 1

2 0 1 0

3 0 1 1

4 1 0 0

5 1 0 1

6 1 1 0

7 1 1 1

Notice how A2 is always set for the 2nd half?

Could you see what happens if you swap A0 and A2?

I think I know the source of the problem. It seems that all multiplexers are working well, and the cables are good. The thing is that the faders (non motorised) are working as encoders, and are sending two values each time I move them. For exemple, when I move up the 5th fader, I sends CC1 channel 16 and CC1 channel 5.

Do you know how to configure faders as faders and no encoders ? I think it should solve the problem.

Hello, I haven't got any problems an more. I have e-burnt the bootloader, reloaded the mios and the MB64e application, and I modified 2 solders which go to the A-B-C pins of the AIN module.

Thanks for the help, my MB64e is now working fine.