usb midi

abcmann

Firstly hi to everybody,

its my first post. I am looking at this page for a long time now and successfully built a little sid already.  ;D ;D ;D

Thorsten ..... GREAT WORK !!

I have built a usb_pic module and have 2 18f4550 lying around here :D I read about the eusart bug. :((

Perhaps this helps a little bit even if i dont think?? :

http://www.picbasic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7172

I'm not good at programming but this guy writes it works. Or is there already a working firmware for it ? I need to get the clock from the midiout of my dj-mixer to my laptop (which just has usb). Its to syncronise to the running vinyl. I dont wanted to buy a interface.

byebye

Hi abcmann,

cool that your MBSID is already working on your first forum post! :-)

I've cancled the PIC based USB project, but if the guy writes that his firmware is working, I would propose to try it out. Since I'm using the 2x4 MIDI router, I've no personal need anymore for a USB solution (I prefer direct MIDI routing without the need for a PC in order to reduce latencies)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Just bumped into this forum (BTW, a lot of interesting things!) while looking for a simple MIDI out USB DIY board.

(I am looking for simple and low cost solution to midify an organ pedalboard that could be plugge directly to a PC USB port)

I understand there are still issues with the UART on the 18f4550 but I guess it should work perfectly for MIDI out through the USB port (would it also work with the UART when doing MIDIout only?)

Would it be OK to re-use the USB part of the code you have developped for the 18f4550?

Thanks,

JLD

Hi,

a snapshot of this project can be found here: http://www.ucapps.de/tmp/mbhp_usb_pic_snapshot.zip

For your "simple" interface, NUMBER_MIDI_INTERFACES should be set from 5 to 1 in usbdsc.c (by default, it is assumed that 4 MBHP_IIC_MIDI module are connected in addition, resulting into 5 MIDI In and 5 MIDI Out ports).

IIC_MIDI_MAX_NUMBER should be set from 4 to 0 in iic_midi.asm, otherwise you need to add some additional pull-up resistors to the core (I guess the RA0..RA3 pin + RD5) in order to avoid random effects.

Best Regards, Thorsten.