midi modifier

squirrel

i'm using a midio128 to change one message into several different messages. it seems to work spuraticly. i'm just jumping the data in to the data out on the PIC. is something else i should be doing? I don't really want to physically hook up the required din & diout modues to each other.can anyone help?

Hi Squirrel, welcome aboard!

No answers for marquee tag users! ;D

I'll get some more information while I wait for you to fix that ;)

DIN and DOUTs?

Working sporadically? How so? is it dropping entire sysex strings, or just individual bytes, or what?

Connecting the serial input directly with the serial output (pin 19&20) is an illegal operation mode - this cannot work.

It still isn't clear to me, what are you planning to do exactly. Maybe there is a simple software solution? Some more details about your concrete plans would be helpful.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I'm in a rock band,24seven,(myspace.com/24seven1....check us out), and my drummer uses electric drums. i want to use his midi out (note on and note off) to control my light board. light board receives midi note on and off for channel, chase, and flash functions. the durms output one note on/off message and i need mutiple note on/off messages to the light controller. i would like to choose which lights come on with a single drum strike.

For this, midio128 is not the right application. It is used for reading and outputting logic signals like switches, keyboards, driving relays, leds etc.

You are already completely in the MIDI domain, having both drums outputting MIDI and light controller accepting midi. Did you try to receive and send midi via DIN/DOUTs? This won´t work.

What you want is the MIDI Filter/Processor - with this you can make a little program that interprets received MIDI and sends one or more events depending on the input.

Seppoman