DOUT Problems / Leds

Midnite

Well, got my MBSid all boxed up and are ready to put some leds inaction for a few encoders I've installed. (mbsid cs B+) Well I thought I had everything under control after I soldered everything up and then programmed the code for the appropriate leds. I turned on my box and no leds lit up. Everthing else worked fine. So I took an led to see if the polarity was wrong, and it was. So I swapped the connections for the leds and now they stay lit all the time. Whats funny is that if I lift the box about an inch from the table all the leds go out. The same thing happens when I place it in my lap. Hold it about 1 inch above my lap and no leds work.

So.... is programing the code for the leds the same as the code for the encoders and buttons? I thought I saw something about using pin#7 as 0, #6 as 1, and so on.

Seeing as how I'm only using a step b+ control surface I need to customize all the extra button and encoder functions to do specific jobs (cutoff/res etc..) so I also need the leds to do specific functions as well.

The pcb is clean and everything seems to be wired up good.

HELP! This is the last step in building my MB Sid!

Thanks-

All LEDs being on could be some configuration problem in the firmware.

All LEDs going off when you lift it could be a faulty ground connection.

If you've got two separate problems, you need to isolate them...

Try this: http://www.ucapps.de/mios/dout_enc_v1_3.zip

You can then test whether the DOUTs are working, you can turn on one LED at a time with the encoder. Read the main.asm file for details.

Well. looks like I fixed the wierd on/off problem with the leds. Now I just get one flash upon start up, nothing at all or all on the a few seconds and they go out. But they no longer go out when I pick the unit up.

As far as MPLAB goes, I downloaded the dout_enc_n1_3 and attempted to open the MIOS Skeleton Small.mcp under projects and it will not open. It says that the file is not recognized. I tried a fresh download and still nothing. I have also tried changing the pin configuration in the code from D0=0, D7=7 to D0=7, D7=0.

This is really [move]frustrating[/move], I could do with, or without leds, but I've already installed them in my box.

This thread is some days old, I'm not sure if you already solved the problem?

If not - we are here to help you! :)

Which effects do you currently observe?

"MIOS Skeleton Small.mcp" can only be loaded with an expired MPLAB version. It's required to create a new project, or better: to use the assembler (MPASM) directly as described under http://www.ucapps.de/howto_tools_mpasm.html

Best Regards, Thorsten.