Shaky Faders

kmifflin

I've just started my first MIDIBOX project.

So far I'm only experimenting with a CORE Module and a DIN Module.  So far everything is coming along.

The only issue I'm having is that when I upload the LC app to the core.  I'm getting a lot of PITCH BEND activity shown in MIDIOX.  When I use the MIDIBOX with my DAW (currently testing with SAW).  Faders 1 - 8 are very shaky. 

Is this because I don't have the MF board installed or have I don't something incorrect.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

it looks like a jitter issue. This could be related to the power wiring; a good ground connection between faders and the core module is the most important thing, and the 5V connection is not less important. Use thick cables (2mm...3mm), and make them as short as possible.

If there is a special soldering lug for the fader metal case, connect it to ground as well.

It could also be a PSU issue, but let's assume first that the problem is related to the connections...

There is a Jitter Monitor application in the MIOS download section, which helps you to determine the quality of the connections.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

No, digital outputs should never be grounded, this could destroy the chip.

The missing MF module is not the reason for jitter.

Only unusued analog inputs have to be grounded, as shown in this schematic: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/auaimbctg.pdf

So: if you haven't connected all 8 faders yet, and the appr. analog inputs are not grounded, you would receive a lot of random Pitch Bender Events as well.

Best Regards, Thorsten.