Would this crystalfontz lcd work without problems ?

prophonic

...since i would have no idea what to do if it wouldn't.

you would probably stand up, swear a little bit, walk randomly, scratch your head, go to the internet and buy a new one, we all did that sometime with some part.. ;)

taken from:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/2004a-color/index.html

OptionalController/Com DriverHD44780 orEquivalent

taken from:

www.ucapps.de (lcd module)

The old PIC16F based firmware as well as all MIOS applications are able to drive character LCDs. Such displays are available for few money in many different variants, most of them comply to the HD44780 industrial standard from Hitachi. Regardless of the number of provided characters (2x16, 2x20, 4x16, 4x20), they are communicating over the same bus interface with the core. But note, that the supported display types depend on the firmware or MIOS application. For instance, if you connect a 2x20 characters display to the MIDIbox64, the 2x4 field at the right side will stay blank. MIOS applications are mostly more flexible and allow you to customize the screen by enhancing the source code, therefore a general statement - which LCD is the best for your MIDIbox - cannot be given here. Please search on the project pages for more informations regarding the supported display sizes or ask in the MIDIbox forum if you are unsure.

so i d say that yes it should work

regards

simone

you would probably stand up, swear a little bit, walk randomly, scratch your head, go to the internet and buy a new one, we all did that sometime with some part.. ;)

swearing and scratching my head is my usual internet behaviour these days anyway ;)

taken from:

www.ucapps.de (lcd module)

so i d say that yes it should work

that is great news, thanks a lot Simone.