Feedback between mc and generic controller

mcman

Hi everybody.

Firstly,please excuse me about my poor english.

Well...I´m working in a controller wich integrates two devices...one which is based in mackie control protocol and one which is a generic midi controller.Each one has its own midi port (in and out).

I made it so to obtain a controller with mc (mackie control) topology, which allows to control elements such as channel bypasses,control room parameters,etc...

Access to parameters and info viewing (relative to mixer channels) trough mc device is easy,the protocol do all for you,but the problem appears at the moment of sending or receiving info of a channel parameter trough generic controller...When you hide a channel in the daw mixer,this channel automatically disappears for mc and all channels from it to right shift one position to left,I think you know about this dynamic access to channel parameters.The problem is that generic controller doesn't do at te same way.

It make access to a channel based on its position in the project (static association based on .xml template),and hidding or showing a mixer channel provokes that,for example,a channel command sent from controller to daw works over different channels,depending on the device used for it (mc or generic).

I'm working in a feedback method,that consists on sending a channel command trough mc and waiting for an echo response trough generic device...so I can locate each channel and I can maintain both devices "synchronyzed"...but,at the moment,it's not much efficient and doesn't work fine.

So,I'd like to know if there be another way to get that "synchronization" between mc a generic controller that solves these issues dues to hidding-showing daw mixer channels.

I hope my explanation be easy to understand.If not,I'll try again.

Thank you very much.

Jose

Hi again.

To solve the trouble,I established a limitation for the system: Not hide channels in daw (nuendo) mixer 1 (doing it in mixer 2,3 or 4 doesn't change channel associations for mc,so we can hide-show channels in those mixers).

But now another trouble appears.When making a bank change,the command sent to generic controller ALWAYS provokes a shift of the console strips over the daw mixer,but mc doesn't do if it is in the edge of the mixer (right edge or left edge).So,this causes loss of synchronization between the two devices.

Any idea?