Midi Time Out! Whats up??

uclaros

I've just finished my midibox 32pots/32buttons w/ midibox64 f/w and it seems to work like a charm!

All pots say 0-127 , buttons working, lcd ok, bankstick can be read -formated-written, midi out led lights.

BUT

when I plug it on my PC with MIDIOX and move a pot or button I get

MIDI TIME OUT!

WHATS UP??

I get the same after sending a few midi commands to the midibox too!

The same error I get if I plug the MB on my POD2 so it's not my PC faulty...

Midiox's monitor shows that it recieves one or two events followed by a F8 :timing clock or FC :stop , just before the crash ( some other times it's a FD :undefined or FF :system reset)

Can somebody help me before I start building a new Core?? Thanks in advance!

uclaros

Ok, I unpluged the input cable from the MB so it only sends data.

What I realized is that when a pot is moved , MB sends pretty random data. It's not totaly random , because every second command is an FF or F8 or something else starting with F!

Any Ideas?

Hi uclaros,

Maybe this time out is caused by a feedback loop.

If the "automatically attach Inputs to Outputs" option is enabled in MIDI-Ox, such feedback loops will be created without informing the user. This option should be disabled like shown here:

mbhp_usb_proto1_3.gif

Thereafter deselect all output devices and select them again, or open the port mapping and delete all input ports

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks for your reply TK, but I don't think the problem is caused by MIDI-Ox because I get the same error when I connect both midi in and midi out to my POD-guitar amp modeler. The problem is definetly on the core module since after swapping it with another everything is ok!

Furthermore, if I conect only MB's midi out to the pc I get those wierd Fx midi messages after every single other one transmitted!

Since everything works now, I have all the time I need to debug this myself!

Thnks again!