2x DINX4: one right, one bad

Crypto71

Hi,

started testing my DINX4-boards today.

I'm testing with 128DIN/128DOUT/64AIN-software.

One circuit board works well after testing with 64 switches, the other board does not.

There is only one pin contact working for that module, the other pins do not seem to make any contact. I measured the voltage, all power pins on the 5-pin-connectors on the module show nearly 5V OK. But only that pin on the board triggers a core module message that is triggering DIN #128 on/off.

What can I do to check what has gone wrong on that particular module?

Kind regards,

Crypto.

Hi Crypto,

could it be, that the core sends a lot of MIDI events (instead only one) when triggering the pin which shows #128 on/off?

It seems that either the SC or RC clock line is not connected correctly.

You can check them visually first - if you don't find the error, follow the tips of this troubleshooting page: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/din_module

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi TK,

sorry for me taking so long to respond... but life beyond MIDI box needed my attention  ;)

Thanks to Your hints I was able to find the errors and correct them. It was a short circuit exactly where You pointed to and there were some poor soldering contacts, too. Having done that the two DIN4-modules work fine and connect nicely to 60 switches in my old organ. Now it is time to look after the AIN4-modules.

Thanks again,

Crypto.