Integrate MIDI functions to ANALOG MIXER ?

_gilles

I have a question.  Is it possible to add MIDI function to an analog mixer like this one:

if you mean add xtra buttons/pot for MIDI purposes then it depends on the physical space available

if you mean using the actual knobs and buttons and change the circuitry, yes it is possible .. looks like quite a big work though

Is there possible some short-circuits ?

what can i say... *whack*  :o

i am tempted to answer "yes short-circuits are always possible and never foreseeable" but i do admit i don t understand your question

simone

Thanks for your answer, i really want to use existing knobs and faders as MIDI controller.

But my question is: is it possible to use my analog mixer in the same time ? 

EX: the fifth channel to control Ableton and the others to control analog input...

Because if i want to add MIDI module to existing knobs, i must insert volts on the knobs, you see ?

thx ! and sorry for my poor english but there is no activity on french forum  :-[

hi

let s face it, what you want to do is quite a requiring task, and is nearly impossible.Now what s your level with electronics? don t want to put you down with it but opening the mixer and swapping circuitry to retrofit some channel will be a real pita, not talking about redrawing precisely the pcb in eagle, scaling eventual fader mismatching, replace the taper fader for linear, bla bla bla.

I assume that if you had the required tech level you wouldn t be asking here in the forum.

Again sorry i don t want to discourage you but it s better to know  what is possible and what not

simone

_gilles

let s say that you want to keep the first 8 channel as audio and the rest as midi, it ll depend on the pcbs underneath, are they grouped on block of 8 faders? and if there is a big single pcb? are you gonna cut it in the middle?

no pcb layout will probably be available for the pcbs so are you going to take a shot of the pcb and draw it in gimp?

i mean .. have you opened that mixer? have you seen its guts? if not please do it and let us know what you yourself think about this task.

it s completely useless from now on to keep on discussing this before we don t get nay tech details about the inside of the  mixer, open take a shot or 2 and post back here.

and if you are thinking about having the same channel for midi and audio ..  ;D

simone