It's been a minute since I posted... I'm sure you've missed me.
I made some progress... then I hit a bump in the road. Then, some work came in, and thank goodness for that, but it's eaten into the time I'd rather be spending getting this synth project finished.
Anyhoo... the progress. (I'll put the bump in the road on the next post)
Here is the front panel with the tactile switches:
I made a mask with the cardboard that came with my front panel:
Here's the control board with the glue gunned hex spacers:
The front panel after sanding:
And the control board under a big pile of books:
Then I put on the machined socket strips and the filter capacitors, which was basically the last step I needed to do for the base PCB before putting in the ICs:
Then added the pots and 3 colors of LEDS: (I know man, I'm friggin' CRAZY.) Planning the colors and putting in the LEDs was probably one of the most fun parts of this project so far IMHO. I have no idea what that says about me.
And the look of it with the front panel on and the LEDS!
Woo hoo! More to come.