First of all, sorry about starting with a question here.
I remember I was around 19-20 when I first heard about uCapps, it was too difficult to me as a DIY project.
Now, I'm 33, built a few hardwares, like a Eurorack system, a few rack effects (compressor, eq) a bunch of pedals of course, and a 30 unit Buchla system.
A few days ago I was just hanging on the internet, when I read something about a MidiBox thing, totally blew me away when I realised that I've been ignoring this page for such a long time.
Now, I'm here :D
As I'm not really interested in MIDI controllers, my first choice is the SID. I have a MSSIAH modded C64, now I'm ready to build a smaller thing to use it in an everyday basis.
(It is not really hard to source a C64 in Hungary these days, a few clicks on FB to check if somebody have one in the attic...trust, somebody always have one :D )
Anyway, I have some total n00b questions :
(I know, I should read the WIKI, I'm already after that.)
- I'd like to build the total minimum version, because I can create a handsome little M4L editor to it an with this, I can store the presets with the Live projects. For this little setup, If I understood correctly, I need only the core PCB, the SID PCB, a power supply, maybe a bank stick and the SID, am I right?
- Is it possible to solder create a small PCB, instead of using the BankStick? Is it easy to re-write the presets? 127 patches are far more that enough for me.
- I have a PICkit 3 programmer, can I use this to program the PIC?
- About the power supply, let's say, a 12V DC PSU, 1000mAh is enough to power both boards?
- I'm a bit confused about the engines thing. So, can I use the module without the controls? I mean, can you access all of the parameters VIA CC or SySex?
Well, I can't think anything else now...
Thank you very much for the help in advance guys!