Problems on program change and wrong audio outs

fizzicato

Have just finished my second OPL3 module (mi first one was a failure  :( ) and having tested all the voltages and the connections, when I load the test-tone, only runs the outs 3 and 4, but the 1 and 2, after some weaking noises and sometimes giving the tone, have died. I have tested all the PCB soldering and it seems that all is ok. By the other side, using out 3 and 4, when I load the FM MIOS utility in the PIC, it sounds the Rhodes pretty well, without any back noises, but if I try to change the program to another instrument, it doesn´t rules. In my first OPL3 module, when it ran, was the same.

Some help??

Thanks!

I have not tried with a different core module, I´m waiting a new one to . I have tried various TL074´s too and allways is the same. One new thing that happens yesterday was that when i put my fingers on the voltage input on the OPL3 module, then the outs 1 and 2 started to run better, but now  when I play something with the virtual keyboard of MIOS studio the midi notes make lot of strange noises and keep sustaining. Maybe a change of PSU can help?

The core module seems to understand pretty well with my computer via MIOS studio, is this independent to the sending data to the OPL3?

Really thank you, stryd_one

• 2 weeks later...