Code::Blocks and ACSim again - Linker settings - solved

ilmenator

Hi all,

I just tried Code::Blocks with ACSim, following the instructions on the WIKI (following steps 1 to 3 of the walktrough closely, so now I have SDCC 2.7.0, CodeBlocks svn 4893 (nightly build), GCC and whatnot installed... (sorry, I'm not a programmer).

Now, after failing to compile my own project, I tried the CD SDCC Skeleton, and Release target seems to compile fine. Debug target gives me an error though which I am a bit (?) clueless about:

Linking console executable: bin\Debug\CB SDCC Skeleton.exe
Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe  -o "bin\Debug\CB SDCC Skeleton.exe" obj\Debug\ACSim_mios.o obj\Debug\ACSim_toolbox.o obj\Debug\ACSim_console.o' in 'C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\My Documents\MIOS\Skeleton' failed.
Nothing to be done.

Any idea what went wrong here? Or where I should look for further details?

Thanks, ilmenator

Hi ilmenator,

as I'm on the mac, I have little to less knowledge about mingw32 and CodeBlocks, but it seems there's something wrong about the Linking process, so maybe it's about #includes and #imports?

Because you haven't mentioned it, I assume you also followed the short ACSim setup instructions?

If you have followed these instructions: can you upload your files somewhere or mail them to me, so I can have a quick look at it? This may be easier than guessing around awhile :)

Best,

Michael

ps: It may be normal that your own project does not compile, because most of - but not all MIOS functions are yet implemented. However, this is only about copying a line or two and I can help you implement what's missing.

I think I know what this is. Illy has used the skeleton on part 3 of the doc, and i just d/l it and it compiles happily. I noticed that ilmenator's is using mingw32-g++.exe which is the C++ compiler not C,  mine uses mingw32-gcc.exe. I'll confirm the cause in the chat and report back, i suspect it's got the wrong exe in Settings...Compiler and Debugger... GNU GCC Compiler ... Toolchain executables... C Compiler.

Hey, nice one - the problem is solved. Thanks stryd 8)

Though not the "C Compiler" setting was wrong, but the "Linker for dynamic libs": this must be set to mingw32-gcc.exe. Apparently its default setting is mingw32-g++.exe (yes, I am sure that the project was defined as a C, not C++ project when set up).

Thanks again, ilmenator