Assigning different channels to pins in midio128 Dout

busker99

This is my first post , so if it's in the wrong place etc... I hope you will all forgive.

I am building a small pipe organ, (demonstration can be seen on http://mechorgbuild.blogspot.com/) . To control this, I have built the pic burner, core module and a two Dout 32 modules with Uln driver chips to control the solenoids below the pipes. This works quite successfully and the notes have been assigned to the pins using mplab and the preset inc.file. The problem now is to assign different channels to some pins. I don't have much experience in programming and I can't find the way to do this. Can anybody help me please?

The MIDI channel is combined with the MIDI event type. We are using 0x90 for Note Events over MIDI channel #1

To change the channel, use:

0x91 for MIDI Channel #2

0x92 for MIDI Channel #3

0x93 for MIDI Channel #4

0x94 for MIDI Channel #5

0x95 for MIDI Channel #6

0x96 for MIDI Channel #7

0x97 for MIDI Channel #8

0x98 for MIDI Channel #9

0x99 for MIDI Channel #10

0x9a for MIDI Channel #11

0x9b for MIDI Channel #12

0x9c for MIDI Channel #13

0x9d for MIDI Channel #14

0x9e for MIDI Channel #15

0x9f for MIDI Channel #16

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you for the link Michael, I'll go and have a look. Following Thorsten's advice, I now have the Dout module working well on any notes and channels I choose. Tonight, I've just finished making the 32 note Din module. (More ferric chloride stains everywhere !!). It works fine but I get some odd results when I try to show the input to the core on the Dout module. Time for bed now so it will have to wait until later today.

Thanks again