Question regarding Core communications schematic.

cyutaeha

I've got my first core, sid, and control panel working just fine. Now I'm trying to figure out the whole slave core thing. I've got my first slave PIC ID set to 01 and now I'm just trying to figure the hardware part. 

Due to me not knowing anything about electronics before I started this MBSID I have a hard time seeing what things should look like when looking at schematics. Particularly I can't figure out the CAN Bus part of this:

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid/mbsid_v2_communication.pdf

I'm confused at what exactly I'm supposed to do with the diodes and the resistor. Are these separate parts from the core or do I use the ones on the core itself a certain way?

Once again, due to my lack of experience I can't easily look at schematics and see what things should look like in my head just yet.

In my noob attempt at this, I made the connections on the bottom of the circuit board, using the 1N4148 and  one of the 1K resistors already on the board. Upon completing the connections with the diode, the MB wouldn't power on. So that was obviously wrong.

Thanks,

Karac

Well it's not that hard. On J15 of the master core you leave out pins d0 till d3. They are not connected to the lcd.

On pin d3 of J15 you've got three connections.

-One is to short d3 and d2 with a 4148 diode make sure the negative side of this diode is connected to d2.

-The second connection from pin d3 of J15 is a wire with a 1k resistor in series to pin Vd from J2 of the core. This is only for the master core!!

-The third connection from pin d3 is your can bus wire which connects all your cores together.

Then on your slave core you also short d3 and d2 with a 4148 diode. Watch the negative side again!!!

I think this should be it but correct me if i'm wrong.