Yamaha organ Panel with 22 pots, plus switches, any takers?

Bassman

Hi everyone, I'm a total newbi at the electronics and programming, but I do make midi bass pedal controllers for myself, but I have been buying the midi encoder boards. I really want to make my own and have been reading........and reading..........and.......well I'm still in the shade.

BUT.....as I will probably need help and I hate to throw stuff in the trash, let me offer things from organs that look like they might make good projects for someone. I don't want money (ok, you can pay the USPS cost), like I said, just hate to trash things.

This panel is 16"x6", plastic and made by Yamaha, with space for 22 custom 100k pots (they look like switches), 2 rocker switches, 9 buttons, 2 pots (1 dual). All the mounting hardware is there with the components and some spare custom pots (I save the screws/bolts too).

Of course, this might be spoiling the fun of making everything yourself, but...

I pick up old organs very often and salvage everything useful, speakers, power amps, power supplies, knobs, switches, pots, keyboards, volume pedals, components etc. I will offer them up, if it's of interest. Or you can ask me for things too.

Bassman

organbits1.jpg<br>

organbits2.jpg

The pots are levers, with about 20mm travel (at the button), they all (except for 2 or 3) say c-100k Ohm 1 B-2, and are made by Yamaha. They do look similar to those used on the CS-80 (great machine btw). There are spares, 1 is 20k, 1 is 25k and 2 are multi-throw switches.

I've been swamped by messages wanting them, but I get this sort of stuff all the time, I've no use for them, so make requests, and have patience, I'll keep things aside. For now, I guess, I have to be fair and form a line?

Oh.....and this lot is about 5lb weight.

• 4 weeks later...

My mom has an organ that used those levers.  In addition to min and max, they have two detents in them.  I used to play that organ all the time as a kid, and now, almost 20 years later, only one of the 30-ish levers on her organ is slightly intermittent, and I mean slightly - it's barely worth mentioning.

And BTW - there is no CS80 bragging allowed on this forum.  Go to analogue heaven or something.  Grrrrrrrrr