c64 psu connection question

pkniffer

so i finally got a psu, and i was attempting the non-optimized psu just to test - but SmashTV's pcbs J2/J10 don't say PWM ?! what is the equivalent here?

and, where it says "front view" for psu plug - is that front view of the psu end, or the female mount that came from the C64?

thanks!

CLK (the PWM output of the PIC is most often used as a 1Mhz clock for the SID).

One would think that's the front view of the plug at the end of the cable.... However, it has been discovered that on some C64 PSUs, the 5V pin is sometimes swapped, on the other side of the ground pin (the middle pin, 4th pin).

You can connect both those pins on the socket (bridge with a cut resistor lead) so whichever has the 5V (the 3rd pin clockwise or 3rd pin anticlockwise) it will work with your socket... the other two pins you need to connect have 9V AC so it doesn't matter which way these are connected to the bridge and switch.

I think it is time TK updated the schematic and joined those two pins - it's already caused one PCB error ;) and a lot of confusion.