Transform Pots

zero

I bought some 100k pots (also 1k, 5k, 2k) to another project, but now i need 10k pots to the midibox project. So, i´d like to know how can i transform a 100 K into a 10 k, i think its possible, the pots are variable resistor(correct if im wrong), so i think i have to  make a paralel or series with a resistor and this pot(100K) to have a 10k pot. Am i correct? Is there any trouble in use 5kpots to midibox 64lowcost?

Using a resistor in parallel with a pot will result in a lower overall resistance (when using the correct values of course) but it will also turn the pot into a logarithmic one which is not desireable for most midibox applications.

Tagging tips:

pots

resistor

convert

circuit

Probably are all bad.

pots = no need for plurals. I changed it to 'pot'.

resistor = not very specific. Everything uses them. Left it there anyway.

convert = too ambiguous. Gone.

circuit = too ambiguous. Gone.

I added parallel. Probably also a bit ambiguous. I don't know if this post even needs these tags as it is not really linking up with any other info and the tag words are nothing that you couldn't find with the search engine.

No soup for you! ;D

I added parallel. Probably also a bit ambiguous. I don't know if this post even needs these tags as it is not really linking up with any other info and the tag words are nothing that you couldn't find with the search engine.

Okay man, i will forget tags, but i think that write on the tags field could help to make a more fast search,sql consult..., if it wouldn´t necessary, probably the mods would have deleted in the forum administrador.

Oh I think you misunderstood. Using tags is good, but there's a right and a wrong way to use them.

Using "pots" as an example, if someone searches for "pot" then they will get both... But if they search for "pots" then they only get "pots". This is why plurals are bad. Also, it makes sense to have a uniform naming protocol across the site, which means that if you use plurals, you should always use plurals, and sometimes that does not make sense.

Seeing as we already have a search engine here, it's best to use the tags as a way to interlink similar posts/threads. This means that if you run a search and find something *close* to what you want, but not quite right, then you can click a tag to find similar threads. So, it's best to just tag things which you find are related to one another, or things which are frequently asked, so it's easier to find related answers quickly.

But the trick with this, is not to create noise. For example, if we have a tag named "circuits", then in theory it should appear on just about every post in this forum, which makes it redundant. Best not to use it at all.

I hope that explains it a bit better. In short:

Use tags. Only where it makes sense.