An idea for a physical representation of pot data....

unrise_lyrical

...as ive said in many posts so far, i am a newbie when it comes to electronics, but whilst doing a uni assignment my mind wandered. Please bear with me on this one, its going to be worded horribly as I dont really know the right terminology to use.

Anyway, in a MB64/MBSID/MBFM (the only ones ive looked into), would it be possible to use one of those dual potentiometers like the following:

24kgnp_280.JPG

(Horrible example of what I was looking for but I'm pretty sure you will know the kind of thing im talking about)

First question, by looking at it, im taking a wild guess that you can run two currents through it and have both controlled by the pot and outputted separately? So could you, say, have it working in the way that they usually run, then have the separate bit of them recieving a different source of power (say, a battery pack) and have them controlling some form of light? (im guessing you cant dynamically dim an LED so im not entirely sure what kind of light you would use). but anyway, basically the idea is to have a little light next to the potentiometer that brightens/dims the more the pot is turned....just a way of having a visual reference on where all the pots are at? and if its powered separately by a battery pack or something, a: it isnt sucking power out of the modules, and b: you can switch it off when you dont need it.

this is more of a wank factor/bling factor thing I agree :) but having both would be useful if you were say using it in a dark environment :) so all i need is dual 10k linear taper potentiometers?

I guess also with all the awesome work people have done on here, Im looking to do something a little bit unique with mine and try something that others haven't yet :) or has this been done?

im guessing you cant dynamically dim an LED so im not entirely sure what kind of light you would use

... yes you can

but having both would be useful

... not really  :(

It's nearly impossible to scale the brightness... remembering to what position you had set the pot last would even be more accurate

Greets, Roger