Faders - what to solder

nogginj

Im building the mb16 and using 8 faders and 8 pots. simple question...on the fader, i have four posts i could solder to. will i be using all four or ignoring one? if so, what is the scheme of how to wire as it related to the diagram? two posts are labeled as '2' and the other are '1' and '3' respectively...with a '2' on each side of the fader.

thank you

use a multimeter to work out which is which. Find out if 2 of them are connected to each other on the inside, using the ohms ranges and continuity test. You will know when you have found the two end pins , as when you have the meter probes on each of these, you will always measure 10kohm no matter where the slider is.

good luck!

__________________+5v  fixed pin

|

|

| |

| |<-------------- wiper pin

| |

|

|__________________ 0v   fixed pin

• 2 years later...

well i have almost the same problem, am very very new at electronics so could somebody please help me using very plain and basic english how to determine what to connect where, i have a multimiter but i dont know how to do it. I have 100mm  10k panasonic linear sliding pots, the pins are like this: 1 on one end and the other two at the other end some thing like the following                       x=pin

********************************************************************************************************************************

*                                                                                                                                                              *

*       x1                                                                                                                                                   *

*                                                                                                                                                              *

*                                                                                                                                                              *

*       x2                                                                                                                                       x3        *

*                                                                                                                                                             *

********************************************************************************************************************************

thank you very much