Aout experiences.

t_xen

I built an analog synth (Soundlab from MFOS) and wanted to build the midibox CV to control it.

I built an AOUT_LC etched myself and populated. it worked fine for the external filter I have for the SID but not good enough for controlling VCOs. so I decided to etch an AOUT.

The etch turned out fine and populated all the parts. I ended up with faulty readings on the pins that I tested for the OPAMP ICs. and I could not trigger the DACs that I had gotten as samples from the core module. I ended up putting the board to bed.

The Aout_NG came along. I put it together triplechecking to make sure I had the proper parts in the proper places and oriented properly. alas, I get faulty readings when testing the voltage. there is a bridge somewhere on the board that's not being created by solder or lead clipping sitting across some pins.

After a week of working on the aout_ng and testing. I have given up since I have not been able to get a solution in sight.

I'm baffled over this because I have built an 8xSID v2 from individual modules and did not have any weird voltage issues, or strange, anomalous problems. the only problem I have with the 8xSID is that I'm not supplying enough current to it. that's an easy fix.

I almost wonder if I failed to build a proper bipolar PSU even though I get proper readings off it from the + and - rails.

Only when I connect it to the aout_NG, do the readings off the negative rail get flipped around. positive rail comes out fine. I got troubleshooting tips from various users, even seppoman, the creator of the board, but still have yet to determine what went wrong in populating the board.

alas, like the others I've put this one to bed.

:'(

Did you select the AOUT module correctly in your setup file? There are different numbers for AOUT/AOUT_LC/AOUT_NG. Since AOUT_NG requires some additional configuration, it could be important that you power-cycle your MBSID after the new firmware has been uploaded, just to ensure that AOUT_NG starts properly.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

oh yes. I did. After setting the project aside for a bit (sometimes it's good to step away) so I don't get too frustrated, I think the majority of the issues I'm having is a less than adequate PSU that I'm currently using.